Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

i have a no contact order on me in louisville kentucky and

Customer Question

i have a no contact order on me in louisville kentucky and i seen the petitioner at a public place- in indiana- a indiana colts game. i had no contact with him- he just happened to turn around and see me and i was back in jail. i did not smile, wave or say anything. i was there with his ex wife who he bogsley got a epo on without evidence and she did not have a attorney about it and i was trying to get her to stop- she was determined she was going to say hi to him. i stood at the top of the stairs waiting on her and i went to jail and she did not. this was her second contact on a epo which she should have never had d/t no evidence of what he accused her of doing and this was my third contact i guess. the second contact was a text over the phone. i thought that since his epo against me was dropped there was not any "no contact order" and my attorney did not explain to me what it meant and did not give me any papers explaining it. please help. i also have been ordered by the judge to get a court ordered medical eval by seven counties, well, they do not take anything but, medicare and medicaid and when my attorney explained that to the judge she just laughed and said they had to take me. i have called everywhere to find someone that does it but and have found a few leads to give to my attorney. one could not get me in until may 10th and i go back to court march 7th and the other said it would cost 2,000.00. no one including my attorney really knows what to do- he says it is a break down in the system but, i am scarred because the judge said i could be in contempt over a eval. ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

hi alex

Customer :

thanks

Customer :

i am a nurse and have a good job with a 19 yr old and his dad died dec 6th of 2008

Alex Esquire :

Ok, why was a no contact order issued?

Customer :

yes i guess

Customer :

i never seen any papers or received any details about what it meant

Customer :

i was also off my bipolar meds during oct/nov and did not understand things

Alex Esquire :

So have you seen the court file?

Customer :

i was off my meds because of the man i was engaged to always said i did not smile enough- constantly and i thought maybe if i went off of them i might smile more-before this i also went to my md and added an additional antidepressant and he still complained that i was not smiling. no i never seen a court file

Customer :

sorry

Alex Esquire :

Well since you were arrested for violating no contact/order of protection, have you been charged with any crimes?

Customer :

i have no paper work on it. my attorney has told me the date of my next court date but, not the time- and i know i can find out on my own but, i want him to know about the meds- he does not know what i told you.

Customer :

a misdemener- for taking wood and throwing them threw 4 windows and bashing headlights and tail lights of 2 cars on of which was a new girl friend 2 days after we broke up

Alex Esquire :

Is this a private attorney?

Customer :

he also advised me he may have hiv because he got accidently stuck by a needle and he does steroids

Customer :

he is very paranoid

Customer :

yes

Customer :

i think

Customer :

brendon mccloud- he is really good- this last time he was just caught off guard-he did not know i had seen him at the game

Alex Esquire :

Did you hire and are you paying for the services this attorney is providing to you?

Customer :

yes

Alex Esquire :

This is a public forum, so please do not mention any names.

Customer :

i have not paid him for the last court date because he has not ever told me how much. okay sorry

Customer :

and that day i went to jail.

Customer :

my mom said he was pi-----

Alex Esquire :

So do I understand it correctly, that the court has ordered a psychiatric evaluation for you, and your medical insurance would not cover it?

Customer :

no, i was ordered to go to seven counties and they refuse to see me. my son has called everyone including our congressman about this

Customer :

no answer's from that yet.

Customer :

my son says he is calling our local tv channel

Customer :

it is rediculous

Alex Esquire :

Why are they refusing to evaluate you?

Customer :

the judge just laughed when my attorney told her they would not see me and said they have to and your client could be in contempt

Customer :

they now only take medicare and medicaid- a new change in the system that apparently has not been resolved in the courts yet

Alex Esquire :

What is the cost of this evaluation?

Customer :

one person told my son 2,000.00 and another said he would do it but, not till may 10th and he did not say the cost

Customer :

my court date is 3/7/11

Alex Esquire :

Can you afford the evaluation if you had to pay for it?

Customer :

do you think there is a chance of getting this laid over?

Customer :

well, not really, i have got a loan on my 401k for 8,000.00 but, i know i will have more attorney fees, court cost, possible bail, and retribution.

Alex Esquire :

Well, you can possibly apply to court and claim financial hardship and see if the state would pay for the court ordered evaluation.

Customer :

my income is approx 55,00.00 per yr

Customer :

but my son depends on me

Customer :

i could pay for it if i need to - to stay out of jail but, do what do you think they might do this time for the third contact/

Customer :

I DID NOT DO ANYTHING BUT, STAND THERE FOR 1 MINUTE

Customer :

he is in college and is going to be a nurse to

Customer :

he has run out of money from insurance from his dad dying also. my house is paid off

Alex Esquire :

Well, I think that if you have incidentally bumped into this "no contact" person at a public event, it would have to be proved that you had a specific intent or were following or stalking this person.

Customer :

that is what his attorney is trying to say

Alex Esquire :

Also you never approached the "no contact person" or said anything to him?

Customer :

no

Customer :

his attorney is trying to establish that we me and his ex had it all planned out- and i was just trying to keep her out of trouble

Customer :

she was determined to talk to him and she did say hi how are you

Customer :

she had been told by someone mutual that he was asking about her

Customer :

i was not doing anything- no intentions of anything!

Customer :

they are saying i may have to go to jail for 6m and i would loose my job if that happens

Customer :

over something stupid

Customer :

i dont want anything to do with him at all

Customer :

i as a matter of fact want to go to a hyptomitrist and have him wiped out of my memory

Customer :

the judge was laughing about it but, his attorney kept insisting that i should go to jail and off i went

Customer :

again

Customer :

for nothing

Alex Esquire :

I think in this particular case you need to meet with your attorney as soon as possible and explain all these facts to him and make sure he develops a legal strategy on how to address this latest arrest and to get it resolved. I find it odd that you were arrested while the ex-wife was not.

Alex Esquire :

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck!

Customer :

no one ever told me i could not be in a public place or how far to be away or anything

Customer :

no details anyway

Customer :

i have no priors

Customer :

just tell me your honest opinion

Alex Esquire :

All of these question should be addressed with your private attorney and you should also request to see a copy of the stay away order and to have it explained to you by your attorney.

Customer :

i expect the worst and hope for the best

Alex Esquire :

The outcome of the case would depend on many different factors.

Alex Esquire :

Result of the psych. evaluation

Alex Esquire :

Legal defenses your attorney will raise in court.

Alex Esquire :

The facts surrounding this latest incidents, witnesses, video camera footage, other evidence...

Alex Esquire :

Customer :

are you still there?

Alex Esquire :

Yes I am

Customer :

hello?

Alex Esquire :

Do you have any follow up related questions?

Alex Esquire :

Customer :

i hope you are emailing me your opinion because i did not get much out of this conversation.

Customer :

hello?

Customer :

bye. so much for opinions

Alex Esquire :

Under the terms and conditions of JustAnswer.com we do not provide customers with any type of legal advice/opinion and can only provide with general legal information, which I have done.

Alex Esquire :

Please read above.

Customer :

it still says the expert is typing so i will wait a few more minutes

Alex Esquire :