Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I need to find an attorney in Dubai specializing in Criminal

I need to find an attorney in Dubai specializing in Criminal Law especially appealing arrests for Prostitution. What questions should I ask to make sure the attorney is a good one. I only speak English and my friend speaks Chinese and some English. We would like to find out if she has a criminal record in Dubai and then find out if we can appeal it.

Thanks,
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

Hi

I can only suggest you contact the International Bar Association in Dubai and get a referral for a criminal law attorney

Here is that contact information

Middle East office:
International Bar Association
Dubai International Financial Centre
Office 15, L3, B4 Gate Village Business Centre
PO Box 113355 Sheikh Zayed Road
Dubai UAE
Tel: +971 4(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Fax: +971 4(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Office hours: 09:00-17:00 (GMT +4:00), Sunday to Thursday

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When a contact a few attorneys to select one, are their questions I should ask to help me make my selection?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Yes. You can ask how many criminal trials they have handled - how many of those did they win? What type of crimes where they? How often have they been involved in negotiating a plea agreement. Of course, you want to learn about their fees and how you will be billed.

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I called the Dubai Bar. They were very relucant to give me names of any attorneys or law firms. The told me to look on line. When I pressed they gave me the name of 2 but would not give me any phone numbers. So I looked on line, I found dozens of law firms but only a few that handled criminal cases. All the firms were international firms. I could not find any local firms online.

Then I found 3 that accepted inquirires by email and of those 3 I contacted only one responded by the end of the day.

Criminal Law does not seem to be a popular practice by International Firms and I cannot find a local firm.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

Hi

It is unfortunate that you are having such a tough time with this. I have no other outlets for you in this regard. Perhaps, one of those attorneys you confered with can give you a criminal defense referral.