N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

if i got pulled over for a broken tail light and had an open

Customer Question

if i got pulled over for a broken tail light and had an open container of alcohol and a small amount of marijuna but got no ticket or jail time what happens?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 years ago.
Hopefully, nothing happens. The police have discretion to let you off with a warning, and it sounds like that is what happened.

You still have to fix the tail light even if you did not get a ticket.

I hope this information is helpful.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
-im not sure if my question went thru or not but i would like more info on it.. the second response that i gave atleast
This is the only open question thread that you have here at JA under this user name. If you posted something under a different name I don't see it, but if you have another question or want to give me more information, please post it here.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay my question was can i legal get into trouble for now for the possesions of alcohol and weed if there were no tickets given and no one was put in jail? and we got to go home.
If you were going to be charged for this you would almost certainly have been handed a citation on the spot. Can you please describe what happened in a little more detail? Also, was the alcohol and weed confiscated?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay. the weed and alcohol were taken.. and there was very little weed.. they questioned us, took or name and number and made one girl blow to see if she was sober to drive and we drove home.. being only 19 i had no priors on my record... also they searched the car for anything else.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i dont know if the rest of my question still gets answered now or what
Thank you for accepting my answer.

Did they ask for consent to search the car?