JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

My son received a felony sis in Mo and was told that after

Customer Question

My son received a felony sis in Mo and was told that after doing his 2 yrs without any other felony that it would be stricken from his record. His 2 yrs are up. Will he have to sign any paper work for this to happen or is this automatic? Is there a way to ck his record with the courts and how do we find out if it is stricken or removed. Thx!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.

JB Umphrey :

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

JB Umphrey :

Your son will have to contact to the court to inquire about the status of his court file to ensure that it was properly closed.

JB Umphrey :

As a general matter, court files are a matter of public record and you could be able to review it yourself. However, it is possible that your son's file was closed in a non-public manner and, thus, you may not be able to access it. But the defendant/your son can.

JB Umphrey :

So, tomorrow, your son can contact the court and follow-up.

JB Umphrey :

Good luck and best wishes.

JB Umphrey :

I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!

JB Umphrey :

If you are satisfied with the supplied information, you can select ACCEPT to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.