AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.
10805288

Are there penilties for hiding your money, so that you can

Are there penilties for "hiding" your money, so that you can obtain "state funds" to finance tuition for college ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 6 years ago.

With regard to your post:

YES! This generally subject to criminal charges of theft and fraud (fraudulent conveyances as well) and various charges involving lying on state applications, etc. It is a felony, generally, which tends to involve sentences of jail, in addition to restitution of the full amount paid out improperly, if it gets that far before they figure it out (or if a vengeful family member decides to turn the payor in).

I don't recommend it unless one is not concerned with a felony record and incarceration.

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Justanswer.com, so PRO BONO work for the disabled may continue over the holiday/winter season. You may always follow up with me after doing so. Positive feedback and a BONUS added to your donation are also always appreciated. Thank you and the best of luck.