Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

Have a question concerning a DUI charge.

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Please tell me what your question is?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Was stopped for a DUI and blood tested at a hospital with BAL well over the limit (0.35+). This would be #2 within 5 years. Left the hospital though with no citation but they took FL D/L. Cop said they would send me a letter and was never booked and jailed overnight as last one.

The current issue is a family member's car which cannot be located. Checked all of the tow yards and it has not been found. Even one sherriff's officer was not able to find it on their system. Since I don't have a citation or an accident report not sure where to go. Concerned that if I go to the local police station I will be exposing myself to more evidence against me and/or arrest and booking.

But the family member needs the car. Also, my passport is in the car and I am trying to fly to another country where I work and reside at the moment. At this point I cannot afford any delays.

The hospital might know something but they say not until tomorrow.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

I see. Well, your car would have been towed and the only way you can find out where is to contact the police agency who brought you to the hospital. You have already been charged, so you will not be arrested or taken to any jail.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck