lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney

My husband got the IP of my computer and and he open my account

My husband got the IP of my computer and and he open my account and he read all our conversations we had over a weeked ago. That is illegal to open someone elses email or open someone esles documents via computer, after he got our conversation, he sent it all to me that conversations last weeked. He was very, very angry at me.I have no clue how did he got my documents, he is no longer here, I don't even know where he is.
Thats against the law to read someone elses document or email, I have no idea how he got my password, or got to open it, .
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
It depends on the circumstances but in a family situation law enforcement will usually not charge anyone since it is too difficult to prove anything. You should always assume that anything on a computer can be accessed and read.