Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law

i have a misdermeanor C conviction on my record and would like

i have a misdermeanor C conviction on my record and would like to know my chances of haven't it expunged. Thank you for your time. Frank
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

Assuming that your conviction was in New York, the news isn't good. New York State law does not allow for expungement of adult arrest or conviction records. However, a record related to an arrest that resulted in a dismissal of the charge or an acquittal may be sealed. A sealed record can be released only for limited purposes, such as if an individual applies for a pistol permit or for employment as a police or peace officer. Additionally, a sealed record may be released to parole or probation if you are under supervision.

The only way to be able to remove this from your record then would be to get a Governor's Pardon. You could check with the NY Governor's Office for those procedures.