Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.

what do think the courts will do if i have a lien on my prroperty

what do think the courts will do if i have a lien on my prroperty for a bail i use my property for but i still owe 25,000 on the property and I still have 13 years too pay on the property but theres over 100,000 of liens on the property do you think the courts will take the property away from me and if so how soon and if I make a loan on the property what do you think will happon one lawer told me that the courts will tke away the he property if I owe on the is that the truth
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

It is fairly common for a defendant to put up a property for bail - this usually helps ensure that the person will show up in court, so the courts will allow it. If you fail to make a scheduled court appearance, your bail is forfeited immediately, so they would usually begin foreclosure proceedings shortly thereafter. They will not wait until the house is paid off or sold, and they can get a judgment against you for any unpaid amounts.