Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032
Criminal Law

My son (21) is currently in Safe P facility in Henderson Texas

as the result of a... Show More
as the result of a possession of heroin charge when he was 17 He will be released in January back to Dallas County. The programs he has been in in Dallas County over the past four years have been unsuccessful and we would like to try having his probation (approx 6-9) months moved to Erath County, which is where we live. I have been told that this process cannot occur until he is released and he makes the request to his parole officer. He has been accepted at a local university, but classes start January 16. Is there any way his release can be expedited so that he can be transferred to Erath County and start school in January?
Category: Criminal Law
replied 6 years ago.
His probation/parole cannot be officially be transferred until his release. All you can do at this point is make preparation for that release. What I mean is that in order for his probation/parole to be transferred, Erath County has to agree to accept his probation/parole supervision. Aside from making the arrangements for Erath to accept him upon his release, nothing else can be done until he is actually released and then a probation officer is assigned and then making the request with documentation of enrollment in school and the argument that there is better family support in Erath to ensure compliance with the terms of probation.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.