Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

what is the penalty for phone interference in the state of

what is the penalty for phone interference in the state of kansas
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

Is that the charge "phone interference" or is there another charge?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
that is the only charge. i was or'd
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

It appears to be up to one month in jail and/or a $1000 fine.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am 47 and have 2 priors one charge when i was 17 and another one about 8 yrs ago. what am i looking at as far as possible punishment
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

I need you to briefly tell me what happened in this incident.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i recieved a ticket that evening. the police officer forgot to return my license. i called 911 and told them what happened, they said someone would call me. after some time i called again. they said someone would call. a police officer called me back and said i could pick up my license at a sub station. i said i won't do it. i will not drive without a license. i siad they need to drop it off. i told them i will continue to call till i got my license. after some time i called again. the officer called me back and said my license will be right there. i went outside and i was arrested.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

Oh my goodness. Well, I would expect you would get a probation. I cant say for certain, but due to the situation and the police telling you to break the law, I would say suspended sentence, probation and a fine

Though you should fight for a dismissal of these charges.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
should i get a lawyer or should i represent myself. what if i were to plead no contest. would that outcome be about the same... i know it is all up to the judge. i just want to know how to procede in this manner. probation and a fine really doesn't bother me. i just can't afford to do any jail time. i would lose my job if i did.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is anyone going to answer my last question
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

Anytime, there is a possibility of jail time, one should not try to go it alone. Therefore, I would suggest you have a local attorney. If you plead no contest the outcome would be whatever the District Attorney is willing to offer in exchange for the plea.