Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

Greetings, I would like to modify my probation regarding

Greetings,

I would like to modify my probation regarding my travel priviledges. I work out of state and sometimes out of the country and my probation terms wont allow me to leave the County. What would be the motion and court code i would file with the court in order to request this modification? Thank you.

-Chev

Michael J, Esq. :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.

Michael J, Esq. :

The Supervisor is correct. The probation officer just monitors your probation, the Court is the one that sets the probationary terms. You will need to file a motion before the Court to modify the terms of the probation. I suggest hiring a criminal defense attorney to do this for you, as the motion will have to be argued in front of a Judge, and the attorney can be more persuasive in your favor.

Michael J, Esq. :

If you insist on doing it yourself, you can ask the clerk for a copy of a recently filed motion. Copy the form of the motion, but use your specific information. You'll need to set out the 1) original probationary terms, 2) the hardship they are creating, and 3) what changes you would like to see the court make. You can attach any supporting documents to your motion for the court to review.

Michael J, Esq. :

I hope this helps,

Michael J, Esq. :

I wish you the best of luck! Don't forget to press ACCEPT if my Answer was helpful. If you need me to clarify my Answer or ask a follow up question, just ask! My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Regards,

Michael

JACUSTOMER-6kcqvp66- :

Thatnk you Michael for your response. What would be the "name" of the motion i would file in order to request these modifications from the court? I am going to represent myself because i cannot afford a private attorney and this is the anwser i need to know. Thank you.

Michael J, Esq. :

You're welcome. The name of a motion need not be something special. It simply needs to describe what the Motion covers. You can call it "Motion to Modify Terms of Probation" or "Motion to Allow Defendant to Travel" or something along those lines, and it should be fine.

Michael J, Esq. :

Good luck!

Michael J, Esq. :

Regards,

Michael

JACUSTOMER-6kcqvp66- :

Thank you Micheal for your help, that was the anwser i was looking for. Enjoy your holiday season. Clicking Accept =)