Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

My question for the day is, once a person is released from

My question for the day is, once a person is released from prison how long do tthey have to wait to transfer their probation to another state? from -Wisconsin moving to TN
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

This needs to be done via an Interstate Compact. This is where the Wisconsin agent contacts the Department of Probation in TN and requests the transfer. There is no amount of time one must be on probation before this can be requested. But the offender will want to have an employment and home plan in TN so when they investigate there is something sound to review

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck