Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

In the state of Oklahoma, if you live out of state, & have

In the state of Oklahoma, if you live out of state, & have to go to court & make your plea. Is there a sworn statement or a form that is aproved to submit the plea on such form? In order to not travel so far. All parties know where I live, I have been sending restitution in for 7 years to retify a bad mistake I made. Or is there such a thing like video conferencing that is allowed in court IF a judge will do this that I could request To pay myself. The trip will cost me about 500.00 The big issue is the court date is on a BIG Managers meeting date that just got arranged. It is hosted at my property. I would be terminated if I tried to leave with the GM's coming in from all over the country. With the owners, cpa's etc. Just asking. I know it is hard to advice I do not even know what to ask for. I am so scared of losing my job. I will not be able to find another management job. I also live on property it will take my living quarters as well. the judge is changing dockets is the only reason I am having to go make a plea. She is familiar with my case & suituation of course,

Thank you for any suggestions
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
There is no form you submit and you are required to appear in person. If you cannot make the court date, you can file a motion for a continuance and state your reasons for needing the continuance to get the court date reset and you need to send it in. However, if the judge is changing dockets they may be unwilling to change it and then you are forced to appear or to hire an attorney to appear on your behalf.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Paul,

I do have an attorney. Kinda wierd He was one of the Prosecutors from the DA's office. His wife was atually my attorney for about 4 or 5 years. She then changed sides & went to the Prosecution. He changed sides & took over her practice.It seems that would be a conflict of interest. It just doesn't seem right.But I have been allowed to make retitution for 7 years. I have not had to enter a plea. If he can enter my plea for me, that would be wonderful. I will of course contact him tomorrow to see what can be worked out. I just wanted any legl advice I could get. I can't loose my job. I wouldn't be abl to pay anymore restitution. I will pay more if you could give me any advice you have.

Thanks, Janet

He will have to submit a motion to waive your presence to enter the plea and the court would have to approve that. The court can approve the waiver of your appearance but it is at the court's discretion based on your attorney's motion. If the court will not waive your appearance, then you have to get there or get a continuance and there is no other way or they will hold you in contempt for failure to appear and can issue a warrant for your arrest.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Paul,

I have another question. When I have my attorney for 3 years & she changes to prosecution. But gives my case to her husband who was a member of the prosecution team for the DA. Now with my attorney working for the DA. how is this a fair practice? Does this type of thing happen often?

Thanks,

Janet

No this doesn't happen often AND it is almost in every likelihood a conflict of interest as described in the Code of Ethics and it is something that could be reported to the Bar Association and is also grounds to have her removed from prosecuting the case.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Paul,

What do you think the fee will be (approx.) to file the motion to put in my plea without me being present?

Thanks again,

Janet

Likely the cost for that would be no more than a regular court appearance, about $300-$500.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer