Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor

I posted a property bond and a cash bond for a friend a couple

I posted a property bond and a cash bond for a friend a couple weeks ago. I believe she is a flight risk, and is currently whereabouts unknown. What am I allowed to do to take her back to jail? I want off both bonds but I know she must be back in custody before that can happen. what rights do I have to secure her?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Is there Bondsman or bail bond agency involved?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what information do you need?
there are 2 georgia counties involved: stephens and Jackson.
I posted a cash bond and a property bond myself. There was no bonding company involved.
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.
Ok I just checked the Georgia law and also confirmed it with Jackson County Sheriff's department. Unless the person you have bailed out is willing to go with you voluntarily and surrender her/himself, you are not allowed to use self-help to bring them into jail. If you try to do any forceful apprehension yourself, you might be charged with a Felony yourself.

You should immediately contact your local Bail Bondsman and they can either apprehend this person for you and bring them back to jail to have you off the bond or they can reffer you to a local bounty hunter who is licensed to bring the person in question to jail. In any case they will normally charge you 10% fee of the total amount of the bail bond.

If I have answered your question please click on the green accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and effort. Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck!