Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

In February 2010, my neighbor got an Injunction Against Harassment

In February 2010, my neighbor got an Injunction Against Harassment against me. He lied about everything on the injuction paper. I could not get all my paper work proving the lies in time to file an appeal. On November 8,2010 got the last of what I needed. He ( my neighbor ) called Mesa Police to my home accusing me of ringing his door bell and running. The Police talked to me and said that the neighbor did not see me do it, he just thought he heard the door bell ring. This was at Midnight, getting me out of bed. Of course my husband was able to verfy that I did not do this. Again this evening Mesa Police got me out of bed again. This time the neighbor accused me of yelling at a contractor he had at his house. Again , I, nor my husband were even aware that he had anyone at his home today. I would llike to sue him for Purgery, for lying in court at the Injuction hearing. Also get a Lifetime Injunction against him. I am lost at how to stop this. Thank you so much XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Was the injunction your neighbor got against you permanent? If not is it still in place?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The injuction is for 1 year,which is up in February 2011. So yes it is still in place. He calls Mesa police every few months, and tells them that he " thinks" he sees me ringing his door bell. or that he" thinks" he hears me yelling at someone on his property. He comes onto my property. On June 29, 2010, he came onto our property and kicked our auto sprinkler head and broke it off. Both my husband and I saw him do it, we were on our deck having a cigerette at the time.He called SRP and told them that my husband had stole electricity 2X's in July 2010 from the SRP pedestel. SRP came out and investigated it and found that this did not happen. Every thing was perfect with the pedestel and meter.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it is my next door neighbor
do you own any firearms?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no I do not
Well you need to petition to court to dissolve this restraining order. Before you do this, you will need to gather or your evidence, witnesses, etc... This can turn into pretty complicated legal matter. Once you file your petition. the court will set it for a hearing and the judge will hear arguments and look at the evidence from both sides and make a decision of whether this injunction/restraining order should be lifted or dissolved.

I would strongly suggest that you consult your local criminal attorney who can look at all the facts relevant to this matter and help you address this situation legally and effectively.

You can find your local criminal attorney by contacting Arizona Bar Association at www.azbar.org

If I have answered your question please click on the green accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and effort. Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck!
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor