How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 32907
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 17 year old boy in Texas who has run away from home.

This answer was rated:

I have a 17 year old boy in Texas who has run away from home. But prior to running away he had a court appearance for failure to attend school which he missed. He is bipolar and ADHD and has committed himself into a pshciatric hospital. What are some possibilities that can happen to him for not attending his court case. We have just recieved another letter stating that this same court date has been rescheduled for January so he can enter a plea. Again what are the possibilities for this...Can he be sent to jail?
He can be, but based on these facts it is unlikely. If you have a lawyer they can explain to the judge about the boy's mental condition and likely they will forgive the situation. If not, contact the DA who is handling the case and explain it to them. It wouldn't hurt to present proof of the hospitalization.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Dwayne B. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you