Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I am considered the victim of a Domestic Violence case. I feel

Customer Question

I am considered the victim of a Domestic Violence case. I feel that the person has been wrongfully charged. I also feel I have been misrepresented by the DA's office and discriminated against due to the prejudices involved in these such cases. What can I do to help get the charges of Harassment and Domestic Violence dropped from my fiance's case?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

The DA can still prosecute the case without you, although it is unlikely and will make things fairly impossible if you refuse to testify against him.

Usually, the prosecutor will not try to prosecute the case if the victim wants to drop the charges.