LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

Hello, I am charged with a felony, using a forged instrument

Hello, I am charged with a felony, using a forged instrument ($850) in Reno, Nevada from 2001. I found out about it last week when I was on a cruise and customs ran my passport. I was booked into LA County jail for 3 days and then was released with the promise to take care of it by December 13th. When I called the Washoe County clerk, she said the only way to take care of it is to turn myself in. Please help as I have turned my life around since then and I don't want to go to jail!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
Good morning.

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

The only way you don't get arrested is if you go to Reno, pay the bond on the arrest warrant and then stick around for your prosecution. The fact that you have turned your life around has nothing to do with the pending charge. So, prove your are on the right path. Go post bail, or turn yourself in, and get this charge dealt with.

I wish you well in your future.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so. I do work diligently to provide you with the correct Answer under the law, and because I have no control over what the law is, I ask you not to hold that against me.

It has been my pleasure to assist you, and it would be greatly appreciated if you would
click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having answered your Question. Thank you in advance. Best regards,