Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

Is it a felony to tap somebody phone, or hire an private investigator

Is it a felony to tap somebody phone, or hire an private investigator to stalk them and break into thier privacy??
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just a general situation if someone were, stalking you, tapping your phone calls and listening to your message, or had an investigator watch you. if you where to find out would you be conficted of a crime??
Expert:  replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately it is not as general and simple and black and white as you think. It would depend on the facts and circumstances and the extent of the surveillance, as well as, underlying reasons for it and if the PI is licensed or not.

As far as wire tapping without a court order that would be illegal in most cases. If these were phone calls with the person that is taping them, it might not be illegal in some states.

If I have answered your question please click on the green accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and effort. Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck!