Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

we have a farm operator who is moving grain off our fields

Customer Question

we have a farm operator who is moving grain off our fields to other landlords fields or ticketing the scale tickets in his name. were like 99.9 % positive, things he says,dont add up.is there someone we can hire to go to the grain elvators to track scale tickets? i have crops & date& time harvest started. Also statements made by very relible sources in the fields on trucks & yield averages. though were county avrage above on yeilds were not happy with the way he responds to our concerns. one point in our lease agrement on scale tickets hes in default on is grounds for termination. how much $$$ to investate? how much to proscute? who do you recomend to investate?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

So I need to understand. Someone is stealing grain from your fields ?

Customer :

yes / the opperator/ sheriff handled situtation very poorly. only allerted opperator to our suspencious. my phone # XXXXX XXXXX cell

Customer :

yes/ the farm opperator

Samuel-II :

ALright. Well, I cannot call you. I can only answer your questions in this mode. So the sheriff did not invesigate and now the operator is onto the fact that you are suspect of his stealing?

Samuel-II :

What you can do is go directly to the District Attorney in your county. Tell them what you suspect, how the sheriff mishandled the investigation and request for them to have someone in thier office investigate the scale tickets and grain elevators. Tell the DA that you do not want the sheriff involved anymore, but you feel this person is stealing and you need to have charges brought up.

Samuel-II :

The DA may assign an undercover investigator to see what exactly is going on. Then the District Attorney can file charges.

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck

Customer :

the sherif dept. went to the grain elevators and they gave him proff of yield or what the driver of the truck told the scale man at the terminal.

Samuel-II :

I understand and that is why the DA may be able to have someone undercover to see exactly what is going on.

Samuel-II :

That is what it sounds you need. Someone who is not right in his face. Because if he is stealing, he sure does not want to get caught. The DA may have someone at the elevators who can see what the true weight is

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.