Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
12176198

hi , i live in mass and failed my probation when i was first

Customer Question

hi ,
i live in mass and failed my probation when i was first put on it for marijuana, they let me go and told me not to mess up again i am about 6 months into my probation now and failed a drug test for cocaine what should i do to stay out of jail? can you please help me
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 6 years ago.
Hello.

Unfortunately, there is no magical get out of jail free card that will guarantee that you won't go to jail. Many judges will not be very tolerant of someone who has violated probation twice. There's not really anything you can say, specifically, because with judges, actions speak louder than words. A judge will be more impressed if you start attending Narcotics Anonymous meetings on a regular basis and enroll in a drug treatment program, to show that you are serious about working on your problem. The sooner you start taking steps like that, the better it will look for you. It is also a good idea to get a lawyer to try to negotiate a better result on your behalf that might keep you out of jail in exchange for going to treatment.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

proobation already put me in a drug class that is going to kick me out once the lab confirms the results .... i will def get a lawyer but you think a drug rehab course will def help keep me out is there anything else i can do ?

As I said, there's no way to guarantee anything. The judge is going to do what the judge is going to do. I'm just giving you suggestions in how to stack the deck in your favor. But getting a lawyer and enrolling in treatment are your best bets to stay out of jail.