Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I was charged for title 18 section 5503(3)(4) PA crimes code for disorderly cond

I was charged for title 18 section 5503(3)(4) PA crimes code for disorderly conduct for swearing at my fiance ex. Under subsection 3 it states obsecene language or gestures. isnt there case law that states that the section only applies if it is sexual? where is the case law cited at so i can ask for a dismissal of these charges
Submitted: 5 years ago via RomingerLegal.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 years ago.

You are correct. Here's a case that explains the test that Pennsylvania uses to determine whether an obscenity has been said. (See link)). The case itself provides active links to others.