Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor

I have been writing to a guy thats at dodge correctional inst.for

I have been writing to a guy thats at dodge correctional inst.for prob.violation. he spent about ayear and a half in la crosse county jail. hes due back in court for having sex with a child under 12 yrs.He is considered a habitual criminal. Theres been over 60 different type charges against him. What do you feel he`ll get out from this? on the charge hes in on now, hes suppose to be free and clear by dec.2011. Please I need your help with this. my email is: riocatlady @gmail..com
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®. I am a licensed criminal defense attorney, and I will be glad to try and assist you.

To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify these points so I can best address your inquiry:

1. Do you know his criminal history (those 60 charges)? If so, what is it?
  2. How did he violate his probation? Is that the sex offense?
  3. Does he have an attorney? Private or PD?
  4. Do you know any of the facts of the new allegation?
  5. Do you know whether the victim and her family wants him prosecuted?

Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Also, please understand that the policies of Just Answer do not permit contact in any other format. As such, our contact will need to be limited to here, on Just Answer. I hope this is satisfactory.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, Ido know most of the charges that was brought against him . My son done aT criminal back ground check on him. He works for the Maine state prison system. The currant charges are not all that clear. Have heard several different stories about it. I have never even got a speeding ticket, but here I`m involved with what might be a rapist. Thank you,
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
Can you provide any details as to the questions I asked above? Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What kind of info are you looking for? I thought I provided enough info to my questios . Please tell what kind of info you are looking for , or is this just a run around.? I asked for your help and all I`m getting is a run around. Please ask your questions that is required for this case. What else do you need to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What am I dealing with here? All I`m getting is a round around. If you cannot help me I will call my american express and cancel. you are giving me no service what so ever. Thats why I use my amex card. They`ll get me out of this .

Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
I don't mean to give you any run around, I'm simply attempting to get as much information from you so that I may better assist you. If you could look back at the questions I asked above and provide as much of a response as possible, I would greatly appreciate it. And then, of course, I'll answer your questions for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Iknow some of the the criminal history. Not sure how he violated his prol
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Iknow some of the the criminal history. Not sure how he violated his probatin l
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know some of his oast criminal history. I `m not sure of why he violated his probation.I do not know the true facts about the new alligations,only what hes told me.

I do not know if the family wants to proscute him or not .He says he`ll walk away from this free according to his lawyer. Theres no D.N.A. and it was a 15 months from the time time this happened to the time of arrest. Theres no proof at all.

Iknow some of the the criminal history. Not sure how he violated his probation .batin l

Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.

A great deal of the outcome here is contingent upon the facts of the new allegations. This, of course, is the reason I asked the earlier questions. If the allegations are false, then he may be in great shape. As you don't seem to know much about the facts, I'll need to speculate a bit.

As a former prosecutor and current defense attorney, I've handled quite a few sex offense cases, many involving minors. These cases are difficult to prosecute. First, the alleged victims are inherently unreliable. Witnesses that young are rarely able to supply competent and compelling testimony. Further, the parents often don't even want them to testify in the first place.

Assuming the attorney is correct, he could quite likely be out from behind all of this be December of next year. For his sake, I certainly hope this is true...

If not, he could be facing a lengthy prison term. First, as you can imagine, sexual activity with a minor under the age of 12 is extremely serious. Additionally, with his lengthy criminal history, he would be treated very harshly. If convicted of an offense of this nature, he could quite likely spend the rest of his life in prison.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!

Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience: I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.

I am going off-line for the evening. Please feel free to respond, if necessary, and know that I will be back on-line tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience.