Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience

i Live in PA, about 2 months ago i was fired because i was

Customer Question

i Live in PA, about 2 months ago i was fired because i was stealing two to three drinks on a daily basis, the store i worked for was a gas station and i was 1 of 3 employees, i was fired and the employer told me he would contact me. a week later the police came to my door and said he put charges in but did not specify the amount i stole, i went and tallkd to the employer and tryd to work a deal, neither of us had any idea how the deal could be made, he told me he would have to watch the video and find the price of everything to press the charges, i heard from noone since and its been about 2 months, how long can he wait to press these charges and if he already sent them in is it posible they didnt get to my case yet?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 5 years ago.
The time the owner has to press the charges is controlled by the amount but based upon what you has stated it would probably be a minor offense and that time is Two (2) years for a minor offense and five (5) years for a major offense. See 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5552 subsections (a) and (b)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so he can wait for a year and 11 months and then press charges even tho he filed and intial complaint 2 years priar?
The owner would have 2 years from the date he realized you stole the items to press the charges.