Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I would like to know how to go about .charge a person for giving

I would like to know how to go about .charge a person for giving my daughter a persciption drug.that was not perscibede to her. my daughter said she did and she admitted she did give it to my daughter, can i have her charged. i also was wondering can i have her charge for giving my daughter alchole and letting them drink it in her house whn she was there.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 years ago.

If you wish to press criminal charges you and your daughter can go file a report with the police and let them know that you would like the person who did this to your daughter to be prosecuted for giving alcohol and prescription medication to your underaged daughter.

In Colorado, the giving of alcohol to a minor can be punished by up to 18 months in prison, and if the minor is under 18, the maximum goes up to two years.