Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

IS NLS GP LIMITED LTD GAMING OPERATIONS A FRAUD/LOCATED IN

Customer Question

IS NLS GP LIMITED LTD GAMING OPERATIONS A FRAUD/LOCATED IN THE NETHERLANDS
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 years ago.
Jacustomer.

Have they cheated you out of any funds?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

They have not cheated me out of any monies. I want to know if this is a ligitimate company. Do you have any info on them at all? They are supposedly operating out of the Netherlands and they have offered me a large sum of money if I send them 1/2% of the winnings for payment on a tax shelter. Thanks,

XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 years ago.

We have no experts in the Netherlands and only have the same means you do over here to verify a foreign corporation. I see no trace of this one on the web, which is a bad sign.

Additionally, a distinct hallmark of an advance fee scam is if an outfit finds some reason to make you pay them for something that you're supposedly entitled to. I suppose you're expected to wire your money overseas, while they are supposedly sitting with money that they will give you once they get yours? Why don't they just subtract what they want from what they say they have for you and send you the rest? Probably because the only money you are going to see is what you're going to lose.

Smells real bad to me. But I may be misunderstanding your data. Try contacting the US Consulate in the Netherlands. They ought to be able to tell you if a company is lawfully doing business under this name.

Edited by FranL on 11/3/2010 at 12:37 AM EST