How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my neighbor is pirating my electricity. this has been going

This answer was rated:

my neighbor is pirating my electricity. this has been going on for over a year. I have contacted nvenergy many times and they will do nothing to help me. They could provide me with a monitor, but just keep ignoring my request to use one. as i understand it what this monitor does can prove that when he turns on my electric that he has somehow wired into his home the monitor will spike and show that he is using my electric. He and his friend managed to wire this up so that he can use my electric when he wants to. his friend is an electrician. This was done when he was supposedly fixing a water leak under my house. NVenergy says that he is stealing electric from me and not them so they cannot press any charges, but they could provide the monitor but they keep ignoring my request for the monitor. I read on the web that in order to get the monitor you have to insist on it. and also they (NVenergy has had 17,000 complaints of pirating). I don't know how i would go about "insisting" other than do what i have already done and that is asking for the monitor. I have not confronted this neighbor because i am afraid of him and his buddies who have all been in on robbing my home, my garage, my coin collection, my bank account and antiques and many other items. the neighbor and his wife are both ex convicts and they run with the people that murdered my ex room mate. The man. has a vicious temper. I am a 72 year old widow living on social security and I live alone. He is on total disability but still works side jobs with his business partner. The wife works and makes over $40,000 a year and between his disability and the two childrens money they receive from disability they make almost $80,000 a year. I make $1400.00 a month on social security He is the one who told me how much they make.We were friends at the time, at least i thought we were. I have no transportation so, one of them would take me food shopping and while the one was with me the other would do all the stealing of my goods. I guess i'm a typical old fool because it took me quite a while to catch on to what they were doing. I'm well aware that i can't prove the stealing of my goods but i feel that i could prove the pirating of my electricity if i could get some help of some sort. I'm in the process of trying to get a reverse mortgage because as prices go up on everything like food and homeowners ins. and utilities i'm coming closer to not being able to make my house payments. I have no credit cards, i live as frugally as i can so paying someone elses electric bill is a real hardship for me. I have no heat and haven't had for several winters now, whether this is because of the draw he is causing on my electric i don't know, but at least i don't have much of a gas bill because all the motor on the furnace does strain like it is trying very hard to go on but doesn't quite make it. I really do need some help but i just don't know what to do at this point. If you do know of some help, please let me know, this is really taking its toll on me healthwise and moneywise. Thank you very much, Margaret Odneal My address isXXXXX sun valley and my phone is XXX-XXX-XXXX. I screen my calls for fear it is the neighbor so if you call, please say who you are so i will know if i can pick up. Again, thank you for any response.



If you contact your local District Attorney, they can investigate the matter for you. Also, you might be able to get your state elected officials to contact the electric company and demand they give you the monitor for you. Your state elected officials are there to assist with these type of matters. You can call and discuss it with a legislative aid and simply tell them all you want is the monitor. You can use this contact information to find your representatives, if you do not know who they are


You also should consider contacting the NV Public Utilities Commission - here and file a complaint against the electric company and see if the PUC can help you get your monitor.


If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have no printer. can you send me a copy of vyour reply thru the mail please?
Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you