AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
18048122

In 2008 when I was 18, I was stupid and ended up being charged

In 2008 when I was 18, I was stupid and ended up being charged with conspiracy to commit larceny in Wyoming. I would like to get it taken off my record as it is interferring with my ability to get a job. I want to go to college but need a job to pay for it. What can I do to have it taken off my record?
In which state was the charge?

Was there a guilty plea or an adjudication of guilt?

Were charges dismissed?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This happened in Wyoming. There was a plea agreement in which I pled guilty. The charges were not dismissed and I ended up with misdemeaner to commit larceny.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there paperwork I can fill out and file?

Even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription

Thank you for your question! I apologize for the delay. I have been following up with other customers and researching your question.

Adult criminal records may be expunged in some limited circumstances pursuant to § 7-13-1401 and § 7-13-1501.

If eligible for expungement pursuant to § 7-13-1401 and § 7-13-1501, an individual may petition the court in which the proceeding took place to expunge the record. Through expungement, an individual may be able to conceal a record from prospective employers.

§ 7-13-1401 & § 7-13-1501
http://legisweb.state.wy.us/statutes/statutes.aspx?file=titles/Title7/Title7.htm
Expungement forms and additional information
http://wilawlibrary.gov/topics/justice/crimlaw/pardons.php
Attorney General Re: Criminal History Checks
http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/dci/chc.html

Please do not shoot the messenger.
If you need clarification, please feel free to ask using the Reply feature.

Sincerely,

_____________________________________

Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information is provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential.Customeris not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. Customerdoes not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney using Lawyers.com, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I need to clarify in layman's terms. I can complete and file the paperwork but it is at the discrection of the court as to whether or not they will accept it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Also, the forms are for Wisconsin. The crime happened in Wyoming.

An eligible individual can file the appropriate paperwork with the court in which the individual was charged and the court then has the discretion to grant an expungement, provided the indiivdual is eligible pursuant to the statutes cited above (first link).

I apologize for my oversight regarding the forms link. I am unable to find a site with forms for Wyoming expungements. However, forms may potentially be available through the Clerk of Court's Office.

Many individuals like to retain attorneys for assistance with the expungement process. The attorney can then evaluate eligibility and, if the indiivdual is eligible, file the proper paperwork for the individual. Attorneys often charge very affordable fees for expungements (as low as a few hundred dollars in many instances).

Please do not shoot the messenger.

Sincerely,

_____________________________________

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the time and effort you put into answering my questions. I appreciate your assistance. Have a great evening!
I'm glad I could provide some valuable information! Have a great night!