Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law

I am completing a NYC DOI Questionaire. The are asking about

Customer Question

I am completing a NYC DOI Questionaire. The are asking about "convictions for any offenses" defined as felonies, misdemeanors, and violations. I have a Disorderly Conduct conviction. Two questions:
1. Do I have to disclose this? I assume so.
2. Where do I get a "Certificate of Disposition."
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 5 years ago.

Yes, unless you received an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal that resulted in a later dismissal, you would need to disclose it because it is a violation.

As to the Certificate of Disposition:

"To request a Certificate of Disposition bring the following items to the central clerk's office in the county in which your case was filed: docket number, or defendant's full name and date of birth, or date of arrest; picture I.D.; $10.00 (exact change only). If requesting a disposition for a defendant who has a sealed case, you must attach a notarized letter from the defendant giving permission to release the disposition."