TexCrimLawyer, J.D.
TexCrimLawyer, J.D., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in state and federal criminal litigation.
45002201

What is the restart program from the ADOC and Alabama Pardons

Customer Question

What is the restart program from the ADOC and Alabama Pardons & Parole? Is there any where I can find any more information regarding the program, all the aspects of it? I have been finding bits and peices of information.

Thanks for your help.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TexCrimLawyer, J.D. replied 6 years ago.

The ReStart Program is a Parole Technical Violators initiative in partnership with the Alabama Board of pardons and Paroles. The objective of this program is to provide an intervention for offenders who technically violate the conditions of parole. The parole status of technical violators is suspended for ninety days, allowing the parolee to restart acceptable behavior through drug treatment and reentry programming. The Limestone Transition Center, Decatur Community Based Facility, Kilby Correctional Facility, Tutwiler Prison for Women, and Wetumpka Life Tech Center are designated ReStart facilities. With successful completion of the program, the participant’s parole status will be reinstated. The ReStart Program provides a second chance for technical violators while allowing the ADOC to maintain critical bed capacity for serious and violent offenders.

You can find more information on the program here:

http://sentencingcommission.alacourt.gov/Publications/FINAL_2010%20Report.pdf

The information on the restart program begins on page 44.

I hope this answers your question. If so, please click the "Accept" button. Good luck.