Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I am a disabled vet; I hope you can still help me. I have two

I am a disabled vet; I hope you can still help me. I have two different fraudulent credit cards against me right now. I had one the collector sent me a copy of the original papers, the signature isn’t even close to mine. There are two different spots that have my initials; those also don’t match my initials. What I was thinking of doing was to fax this guy a copy of my DD 214 to prove that I did not sign for this credit card. Do you think this would be the right thing to move on to clearing my name from this fraud against me? I have a second card same problem but the collector threatened and harassed me and my family. I have a lawyer in the process of clearing my name from that one. Any good advice will be greatly appreciated.
My email [email protected]
Thank You,
Joseph Daleo
Certainly. Send him a copy of the DD 214, a copy of your driver's license, and a page on which you sign your signature 20 different times. Advise them that the signature isn't yours, you dispute the validity of the debt, and that they shouldn't contact you except 1) in writing and 2) to tell you they are ceasing all collection attempts. You may also want to report the problem to the FBI and let them work on it.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have another question your answer to my question about the credit card fraus against me. How do I go about contacting the F.B.I.? I looked on-line but did'nt see anywhere to report a crime.
You can find your local FBI office at http://www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm. You can call them and make an appointment or they may be willing to come see you.