Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I have an ignition interlock license in WA. I have a Florida

I have an ignition interlock license in WA. I have a Florida license as I never changed it over before my DUI in WA. I also have an employer waiver stating that during working hours I do not have to have the device in the company vehicle. That is for WA. I am traveling on business in FL so I am not sure if i can use the ignition interlock license with the waiver for the rental car and business in FL_
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

You cannot be licensed to drive in more than one state. Since you have a WA license, that is the one you would need to provide to rent a vehicle or if you were stopped for a traffic violation. The fact that you now have WA license is stored in a national database. Therefore, any restrictions on your WA license need to be adhered to while driving out of state. And, if you have a WA wavier for company driven vehicle that would also apply in Fla, if you are there on business only and if you adhere to any restrictions as they apply to driving only for employment purposes while there, etc

If you have further questions, you can post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, please remember to accept as that is how I get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you