CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

1. Im a legal documet assistant. 2. I prepared a pro bono

Customer Question

1. I'm a legal documet assistant. 2. I prepared a pro bono lawsuit for someone before I went on a trip. 3. Since I wasn't a party to the lwsuit, I prepared PROOF OF SERVICE with my signature, and told the plaintiff not to send PROOF OF SERVICE to defendants until lawsuit was filed and documrents were sent to defendants. 4. When I got home, I found defendants lawyer left word for me to call him. 5. a) Do I need to call him? b)Am I liable? c) Is there need for concern?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
You do not need to call him if you do not want to. If you signed a document that was false, you could get in trouble. You signed something saying that it was served when it possible was not.