CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

i want to file for full custody of my two kids and they advised

i want to file for full custody of my two kids and they advised me to talk with a lawyer before filling out any of the forms. is there anything i should be advised before i buy the forms?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.

The Court is going to act in the best interest of the children so when you file the forms and go to court, you need to keep this in mind. You were likely told to speak with a lawyer before filing out the forms, so you are aware of what you are getting yourself into as you will be representing yourself. Make sure the forms are filled at accurately and honestly. You also may want to speak with the clerk of courts in the county where you are seeking custody and see what needs to be filled out. If you are buying forms online, you want to make sure they are what you need.