lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney

if i go to jury trial and found guilty for pcs. how do i appeal

if i go to jury trial and found guilty for pcs. how do i appeal and can i request a new judge and or a new public defender? and is there any possible way to go back to have a new chance at the suppresion hearing? my rights were ignored i denied there request to search and they searched anyways.i feel like my public defender and judge and city cops are all on a team of there own.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.

Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged. Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable.

They can search legally if they have probable cause and a trial judge will almost always find that the officer has probably cause. For example, if they run a dog around your car the dog will always alert. If they don't find anything then they just let you go. If they do find anything then they had probable cause that will hold up in court. If you had drugs on you, which obviously you did, it is highly unlikely you are going to get off on the no probable cause issue. Either cut a deal or hire a private attorney.