TexCrimLawyer, J.D.
TexCrimLawyer, J.D., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in state and federal criminal litigation.
45002201

I have a good friend who was falsely accused of a sex offense.

Customer Question

I have a good friend who was falsely accused of a sex offense. In summary, he was a security guard at a school and he had brushed against a teenagers chest by accident when he had to search her bc she was smoking outside. She had told her parents and they pursued legal actions. It was taking a long time so gave in bc it was becoming to costly for him to keep going to court to protect himself. Now he has this criminal record. It affected him in several ways. He has a home now that he is renting from a friend. He needs a source of income. He needs a job(s) that pays cash only for another reason. You have any idea where he can go other than this site? Trying to help him out.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TexCrimLawyer, J.D. replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

Are you asking how he can make money?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

i know illegal aliens do it all the time

Customer :

so why not a sex offender

Customer :

he needs it to use to pay for a lawyer to file to the court to get his offense appealed by the TX governor

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

Most jobs that pay strictly cash are manual labor type jobs, like construction, landscaping, painting, etc. Does he have any skills?

Customer :

yes he does

Customer :

he can do manual labor

Customer :

he has experience in construction but can't do physical work bc he has a major spine problem. he is a hard worker though. any other type of job in construction since he has experience?

Customer :

he can do painting fine

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

He probably needs to opearate his own painting company, because employers are unlikely to hire him due to his background.

Customer :

i think mowing work doesn't pay very well. it would take more time to find work than getting paid for it. here they only get paid $25 for a full standard lawn for a house.

Customer :

any other types of jobs. u said etc. i dont know that is why im asking

Customer :

r u saying he can't work for an employer bc of this criminal record?

Customer :

his own business won't work either w this economy and more

Customer :

does this site check for criminal record at all? if not, this site may be an option for him

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

An employer may be reluctant to hire a sex offender.

Customer :

so do all sex offenders r homeless than? if not, how they earn $ to live?

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

As far as I know, there is no criminal history check. If he has an area of expertise, then this may be an option.

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

No, but it is more difficult for them to find jobs.

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

Most aren't as limited as your friend.

Customer :

so, then where do they get it is my pt and how?

Customer :

why u say limited bc of his spine problem?

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

They find jobs like anyone else looks for a job, sex offenders are just more limited in who will hire them. It's up to each individual employer. Most have manual labor type of jobs, but your friend is very limited becasue of his inability to do difficult physical labor and his need for cash only.

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

He can also make and sell items on sites like www.Etsy.com and www.ebay.com

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

Do you have any further questions?

Customer :

I'm aware of these sites. He is not looking for fast cash but a recurrent job for $. This site may be his only option than bc u can make some extra cash on here then. He has several skills he can do on here. Thanks for info! If u think of anything else, let me know.

TexCrimLawyer, J.D., Lawyer
Experience: Experienced in state and federal criminal litigation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this friend recently told me this has to be filed with DA but a lawyer has to be present for him to do so. He can't afford a lawyer. Is this true?
What has to be filed with the DA?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Being his criminal charge appealed by the governor. He was told that it has to be filed by the DA office which he needs a lawyer for. Is this true?
If you are referring to a pardon or clemency from the governor, then no, that does not have to go through the DA and he does not need a lawyer. Here is a link to give you some information on clemency: http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/exec_clem/exec_clem.html

I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please click the "Accept" button. Good luck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was talking about the pardon. I have no idea what this clemency is all about. I will let my friend know. Seems he always finds a reason why not to move forward with this. It's his life not mine.
Click the link I provided, and it will explain in detail the difference between the two and when to use each.

If I've been helpful, please click the "Accept" button. Good luck to you and your friend.