Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

motion of return property what are the different grounds that

Customer Question

motion of return property what are the different grounds that are normally honored in the ca court system. Especially if the warrant was served on a person and not business but business property that is essential to the company was taken. Including the co's network server that has all the $ data to collect from insurance carriers not to mention sensitive customer nformation that we need and use on a daily basis.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.

My name is Francine, and I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

JustAnswer Moderator

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
The reason you're not getting a response is because these motions are rare and so there isn't a lot of guidance on this issue. However, a common sense approach that will likely work is to discuss the fact that the server contains not only information vital to the company but also confidential information. In the Motion offer to put up a bond equivalent to the value of the server and attach an affidavit stating what the value of the server to a buyer is.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.