Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

where can i find samples clemency letter to the governor for

Customer Question

I need a few samples clemency letter to the governor for Restoration of Civil Rights and Pardons.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

Please tell me, has the Pardon been applied for? Is this for you or are you wanting to write a letter on behalf of someone else?

JACUSTOMER-p345w1tc- :

I’m trying to help my brother to write the letter on his own behalf. I like to write a letter of recommendation to help his case. 13 years ago he was convicted of embezzlement. He has never had any other issues with the law before this or since then. He is a business man. Every time he wants to get a new position this comes up. He has been told to request clemency: Restoration of Civil Rights and Pardon from the Governor of VA to clear his record. I have the application for after for five years.

I like to know how to write these letters and if there is anything else we should do

Thanks

Melissa

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

Well, you want to keep it to one page. One and a half at most. So you need to be as concise as possible. You will outline all the good qualities since he has been employed, going to church, involvement in other community activities

Samuel-II :

He will want to acknowledge that his behavior was criminal but that he has become a new person.

Samuel-II :

He can have his clergy write a letter on his behalf or any other person who deals with him in a social setting. There is no limit on the number of letters he can present.

Samuel-II :

You can focus on the family aspects of his life and if he has children, how this is effecting their wellbeing because this blemish on his record is hindering his job opportunities

JACUSTOMER-p345w1tc- :

I need a sample letter for him to write on his own behalf. and a sample letter for others to write on his behalf please.

Samuel-II :

I cannot write letters for you as that would be construed as legal representation and JA experts are precluded from representing JA customers. Please read the JA terms of service. The best we can do is outline what needs to be in the letter.

Samuel-II :

I can give you a sample

Samuel-II :

But not tailored to him specificially

Samuel-II :

Address it to The Honorable Governor

Samuel-II :

Dear Governor

Samuel-II :

This is part of my application for a Pardon. I am writing to tell you how my life has changed in the past (how many year). I am the Father of (children, ages). I am a member of whatever business groups. Additionally, I participate in the following community civil clubs (list what they are). The blemish on my otherwise clean record is hindering my employment opportunities. I am requesting you have mercy and compassion in granting my pardon so I can move forward in my career path. I am not proud of my past behaviors and I fully intend to stay on the right path.

Samuel-II :

He needs to focus on everything good but remain humble.

Samuel-II :

For others they will address it the same way

Samuel-II :

I am writing on behalf of (name) whom I have known for (how many years). He is a great family man who works hard to support his family. In the community, he (whatever he has contributed to social causes), etc

Samuel-II :

Each letter will be different because each person will know your brother in a different capacity.

Samuel-II :

They will then submit that the Governor give serious consideration to granting the requested pardon

Samuel-II :

That is the best I can do for you, as I stated we are precluded from representation. We can only give information and guidance.

If you have further questions, you can post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, please remember to accept as that is how I get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you

JACUSTOMER-p345w1tc- :

do you know what form he needs to fill out for the embezzlement conviction?

Samuel-II :

Are you referring to the Pardon application? Or what "form"?

Samuel-II :

Here is all the information on the Clemency/Pardon process with all the forms. There is not a separate form for embezzlement

JACUSTOMER-p345w1tc- :

yes do we do the Pardon application or restoration of rights

Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

If you want only his rights restored, you can use that form. There are explanations on the website at the link I provided as to what each application will do

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
will you please edit my letter
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

If you post it here, I can give it a read and make suggestions, yes.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
To The Honorable Governor McDonald

Address

Dear Governor

This is part of my application for a Pardon. My name is XXXXX XXXXX am a good standing citizen and resident of Virginia most of my life.

I am writing to tell you how my life has changed in the past fourteen years. The blemish on my otherwise clean record is hindering my employment opportunities. I am requesting you have mercy and compassion in granting my pardon so I can move forward in my career path. I am not proud of my past behavior in 1993 and I fully intend to stay on the right path as that is my through personality. I have had no issues with the law neither before this incident nor since then. I served my time and paid for my mistake. I’m a man of honor and integrity who got connected with wrong crowed many years ago. I have paid my dues. I’m a responsible, hard working, spiritual man. I support my 80 years old mother and help care for my disable sister. I request that the Honorable Governor give serious consideration to granting the requested pardon.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

That is a lovely letter. And very concise. I have made suggested changes below, if you care to adopt them

To The Honorable Governor McDonald Address Dear Governor This is part of my application for a Pardon. My name is XXXXX XXXXX am a good standing citizen and resident of Virginia most of my life. I am writing to tell you how my life has changed in the past fourteen years.

I have had no issues with the law neither before this incident nor since then. I served my time and paid for my mistake. I'm a man of honor and integrity who got connected with wrong crowed many years ago. I have paid my dues. I'm a responsible, hard working, spiritual man. I support my 80 year old mother and help care for my disabled sister. I am not proud of my past behavior in 1993 and I fully intend to stay on the right path as that is my through personality

The blemish on my otherwise clean record is hindering my employment opportunities. I am requesting you have mercy and compassion in granting my pardon so I can move forward in my career path

I request that the Honorable Governor give serious consideration to granting the requested pardon.