Cedric
Cedric, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Several Years of Criminal Defense Trials in L.A. and O.C. as public defender and private attorney
14986957

I was arrested and held overnight without my medications, I

Customer Question

I was arrested and held overnight without my medications, I am a single mother , I have no family, i requested a public defender and the judge was going to set it for the following thursaday but i could not bond out, my kids were alone and did not know where i was so he said if i want to go out today i need to plead out. I thought i was getting 10 days community service but it is 10 days in jail. I went back before the judge and begged him for mercy and he said to give my kids to social services. A community group did finally offer to keep my kids but they just called and can not because my youngest son is mentally retarded. I am supposed to report to jail at 6. please help!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Cedric replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, if you already agreed to 10 days in jail, and are to report to jail today at 6, there's really nothing you can do except for hoping for an early release. At the most, you'll really only have to serve 6 or 7 days.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is there a way to file something to over rule this, i was not on my medication, i was forced into the plea and i did not understand. if i report my children will be home alone. there has to be something!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>IS THERE A WAY TO FILE FOR REVIEW OR ANYTHING? THIS IS NOT A FAIR JUDGEMENT! I DID NOT UNDERSTAND !!</p>