Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law

I have been convicted of attempted forgery for depositing a

I have been convicted of attempted forgery for depositing a two party check between myself and the FSA (Farm Service Agency), it was one check for $500.00 and was deposited into my business account for the purpose of covering payroll. I was wondering if I could be licensed in Michigan to sell insurance.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 6 years ago.

Section 1200.539 of Michigan Statutes sets out the disqualifiers for holding a license to sell insurance in Michigan. I have provided a link to that statute below. If you were convicted of a felony, then you are automatically disqualified. In addition, "mproperly withholding, misappropriating, or converting any money or property received in the course of doing insurance business" is disqualifying. A conviction of a misdemeanor is not automatically disqualifying but it could be depending on what the misdemeanor was. You can see the complete list at: