ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Can I carry or transport a TASER in VA without registering

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
ScottyMacEsq : Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.
ScottyMacEsq : # XXXXX felons and adjudicated delinquents may not possess or transport Tasers within Virginia. Former felons must petition a judge for a possession permit for such weapons. Those former felons found guilty of possessing or transporting a Taser could face up to five years in prison if they were convicted of a violent felony. Nonviolent felons can face up to two years in prison. Tasers are also not permitted on school grounds, at school-sanctioned events or on school buses. Using or displaying a Taser on school property commands a mandatory minimum prison sentence of five years.Tasers are legal for purchase by consumers Virginia. You don't even need to attend training or apply for a special license. They are meant for self-defense only.
ScottyMacEsq : So long as you're not a felon, you can carry and transport a taser without registering.
ScottyMacEsq : If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!
JACUSTOMER-guh0pokx- :

how can I check if I,m a adjudicted delinquent?

ScottyMacEsq : Were you ever arrested and convicted of anything when you were a minor?
JACUSTOMER-guh0pokx- :

Not when i was a minor, but once for a DWI for a night and once for disorderly contact

ScottyMacEsq : Adjudicated delinquency is for minors. So if you were not arrested and convicted when you were a minor, then you don't have to worry.
JACUSTOMER-guh0pokx- :

I'm also not a citizen I have a Investment Visa E-2 and I'm here since 1988

ScottyMacEsq : Your alien status has no bearing on this law. Anyone can carry BUT felons and adjudicated delinquents.
JACUSTOMER-guh0pokx- :

So, I'm ok

ScottyMacEsq : Yes. Just don't bring it on school grounds, school buses, etc..
JACUSTOMER-guh0pokx- :

So I can print this chat for prove??

ScottyMacEsq : Let me help you with that. I will change this from chat format to the Q&A format. You can print that like any web page. Once you are able to do that, go to File > Print Preview and change the scale to 80% (so you don't cut off the margins). Once you print, change it back to 100%.
JACUSTOMER-guh0pokx- :

Than's

This should allow you to print things out. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!