Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I recieved a camera enforcement speeding ticket in shelby county

I recieved a camera enforcement speeding ticket in shelby county TN...jursistiction is the City nof Millington. There is a City Ordinance that covers this issue. It states the ticket must be is not. Is this required?

Also...I am trying to figure out if posted signs are required to notify that Speed enforcement cameras are in use?

Hi - I practice in Tennessee.

Yes, the ticket is supposed to be signed, and it is usually required that the signing person also put his/her title on the ticket. If this is not on there, you can challenge the validity of the ticket when you go to court on the issue. Bear in mind that the police can amend the ticket any time before the case is brought up for hearing. Thus, if they sign the ticket before your case begins, the ticket would be valid.

Secondly, there is no state law requiring that signs be posted stating that cameras are in place.