Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My husband is in legal trouble. He was doing business with

Customer Question

My husband is in legal trouble. He was doing business with a local company and agreed to buy them some merchandise as he is a reseller. The company paid him for the goods and my husband was to order and deliver. Well, he lost his job and was forced to use some of the money thinking he could recoup the has been 2 months and he still hasn't been able to. He has lied to the company telling them the item is on back order. Since then they have found out and we are awaiting to see what action they take. The amount they are out is $14,000. My question is what now? Should he try and work out something with the company to avoid charges? Should he sit and wait? What are his chances of going to jail? (He was convicted of grand theft 4 years ago in CA (long story) and served 3 months in jail. We have a 4 month old and I don't work so I am worried I will lose him.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.
Duplicate question, I just answered this on the other question thread.