JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

While using a cane for back problems I went into the bathroom

Customer Question

While using a cane for back problems I went into the bathroom of a major restaurant chain. Before leaving my ife brought my son back to use the facilities. After washing his hands we headed out. I applied pressure to my cane for support and due to water on the floor the can slipped and went flying causing me to fall on my knees slightly skinning both but worse than that the fall really wrenched my back. As a matter of fact while typing this I am lying on the heating pad and my drug use has gone up trying to get hings calmed down. One of the managers claimed that the water was drips from people washing their hands but the floor looked relatively dry to me. I think the floor had just been dry mopped and no sigh put up. Is this something I should persue or just forget it?
Sincerely,
Jim
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your circumstances. Have you sought and obtained medical treatment for this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No I have not due to my circumstances. Having all of the other problems and the meds I currently take.
The facts that you've described, while most painful and unfortunate, do not suggest that there's anything to pursue.

You've indicated that you didn't see anything, the floor appeared to be dry, and you haven't sought out medical evaluation/treatment. For those reasons, you'd have a bear of time proving (a) that the property owner caused your fall, and (b) you suffered an injury that was caused by the property owner's negligence.

You are certainly free to seek out the advice of local personal injury attorneys to further explore your options. Do not be surprised, however, if you hear the same concerns raised.

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!