How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37373
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently found out my daughter was molested by her stepfther

This answer was rated:

I recently found out my daughter was molested by her stepfther 24 years ago in another state what can be done
Good afternoon,

What state did it occurr in?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your daughter's dilemma.

While you daughter only had one year after he 18th birthday to file a civil complaint against her step father and seek damages, the SOB can still be criminally prosecuted. In Louisiana the statute of limitations for oral sex, molestation,statutory rape or incest of a minor is 30 years after the minor turns 18 years of age.

She can, and should, file a criminal complaint with the police.

I wish you and your daughter the best in 2010.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. Please, remember that I only receive credit for helping you when you Accept my answers. Until then your payment is simply held on deposit. So, please click the ACCEPT icon. Thanks again.


LawTalk and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions