Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I was sentenced to a 20year sentence, served 10 and on parole

Customer Question

I was sentenced to a 20year sentence, served 10 and on parole for 10. I am currently incarcerated, (jailed since 9/24/09). My parole is schedule to be over 4/10/2011. I have never been in trouble since being paroled. If convicted, how much time will I have to do because of the violation. I am currently in TX, but the violation would be in Louisiana. I fall under the Louisiana Good Time ACT 138
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

So you are paroled from Texas with supervision in Louisiana? And you caught a new charge in Louisiana and have not gone to TX for the parole violation, yet? What is the new charge ?