P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

my brother is accussed of one count, delivery of a controlled

Customer Question

my brother is accussed of one count, delivery of a controlled substance (prescription drugs) what does this mean from a police officer's perspective as told to the district attorney as delivered to the judge who places a $1500 bond on him and hold him in jail?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist on this matter. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience in criminal law.

The Police have no authority to prosecute...they can present the case to the DA but ONLY the DA can actually bring charges. So if your brother wants to negotiate a deal, he will need to work with his attorney and the DA.

Let me know if you have more questions

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The answer is not relative to my question. I know who can prosecute, I know the police officer is the investigatory, and arresting officer of said crime being committed. The DA is taking the information from the police officer and applies the law to the crime before a judge. Not what I was asking.

OK...would you like to let me know what your question is exactly?