lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney

One of my neighbors ( who doesnt know a thing about horses

One of my neighbors ( who doesn't know a thing about horses ) call State Police because they thought my horse was to thin. I let their vet check him out. I also had my vet check him out. he is fine. Now problem is whenever the first vet feel like it he comes on my property ( if I am home or not ) can I file trespassing charges?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.

Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged. Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is accepted.

Since he is a state official he has the right to do an administrative search which is what this is. As such he can come on your property. However, here I would put it in writing that you want to be home and that he can contact you and make an appointment. Then if he continues you can complain to his supervisor. There is such a thing as harassment, especially when you have been inspected and there is no problem. It is very important to put it in writing through the US Mail and keep a copy for your records. Be sure to put the date and time he was there.