How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

One of my neighbors ( who doesnt know a thing about horses

Resolved Question:

One of my neighbors ( who doesn't know a thing about horses ) call State Police because they thought my horse was to thin. I let their vet check him out. I also had my vet check him out. he is fine. Now problem is whenever the first vet feel like it he comes on my property ( if I am home or not ) can I file trespassing charges?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.

Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged. Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is accepted.


Since he is a state official he has the right to do an administrative search which is what this is. As such he can come on your property. However, here I would put it in writing that you want to be home and that he can contact you and make an appointment. Then if he continues you can complain to his supervisor. There is such a thing as harassment, especially when you have been inspected and there is no problem. It is very important to put it in writing through the US Mail and keep a copy for your records. Be sure to put the date and time he was there.

lwpat and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions