Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

Who would I contact on behalf of an inmate in Cabarrus County

Who would I contact on behalf of an inmate in Cabarrus County jail. He has medication that was taken from him (prescribed to him) and they will not return it to him.

So when he was incarcerated upon inventory they removed his prescription medication from him? This is medication that was prescribed to him from a doctor outside?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes. That is correct

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

He asked me to call an attorney for him, but I don't know what type of attorney would handle this matter

Thank you for that information

Here is how it works ~ Once someone is incarcerated all personal property, including and especially any type of drugs or medication is confiscated and inventoried until his release.

The jail cannot permit an inmate to have drugs of any type on their person for the wellbeing of them, as well as the other inmates.

What they will do is evaluate his medical needs and once it is determined they will either supply him the prescription as directed or they may have their own doctors prescribe and, again, dispense as necessary. But in no way will he be allowed to have it on his person.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The medication was prescribed to the inmate when he was processed. He did NOT bring it with him.

Thank you for the information. Well, as I stated, they will have it dispensed to him as directed. They will not allow him to keep it on his person. Is this his concern, or have they stopped providing it for him altogether?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No his concern is he is not being given the meds. It's something for some kind of scalp/skin condition he has and it was almost cleared up my the meds and they quit giving them to him

I see. Thank you for that information. Well, he should have a case manager or advocate who can find out why the meds have been stopped. If not, he can request to see the Public Defender and they will look into it for him. Also, each institution no matter how small always has a clergy. He could request the clergy to find out why the meds have been stopped, if they are not telling him why they are no longer providing them for him